Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker
Not limited to only breakfast sandwiches, this Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker makes a wide variety of delicious, hot sandwiches right in the comfort of your own kitchen. You're not limited to eggs, Canadian bacon, and English muffins either - turkey, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, pancakes, biscuits, etc. all add to its versatilty.
What we like about the sandwich maker:
- Fast and tasty sandwiches: It makes delicious egg sandwiches and they're ready in about four minutes. That doesn't include the initial preheating time though - preheating requires an extra three to four minutes. The sandwich maker needs to be reheated for each sandwich, but the subsequent re-heats only take about a minute.
- Saves time and money: Making sandwiches at home saves time and money. Egg McMuffins cost about $3.69 plus the time and gas travelling to and from McDonalds. The homemade sandwiches are much less expensive overall.
- Healthy ingredients: You can use a variety of fresh organic ingredients to make a wide range of healthier sandwiches.
- Easy cleanup: Even if the cheese or egg gets on the sandwich maker, it has a non-stick coating so everything can be wiped off easily, and the interior rings are top-rack dishwasher safe.
What we don't like about the sandwich maker:
- Interior rings: The interior rings are a bit unwieldy to work with and will fall out of the machine if you're not careful.
- No built-in timer: Although not all sandwiches will be done after four minutes, it would be nice to have some kind of timer.
Breakfast sandwich maker summary:
All in all, the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker (Amazon) was well worth the $24.99 price tag. It makes hot, delicious sandwiches in about four minutes, the compact size saves space, and it's easy to clean. It's very versatile and can make a wide variety of hot sandwiches. The sandwich maker has proven so popular in our household that we probably should have purchased the Dual Sandwich Maker instead.
Breakfast sandwich maker video:
There's not much to the unboxing as it's ready to go right out of the box, but if you're curious about how to use the sandwich maker, the video shows two sandwiches - an egg McMuffin type sandwich, and a tomato, spinach, mozzarella sandwich. Both were delicious.